Step one to weight loss is to join a weight loss program with proven results. I joined Jenny Craig, which has worked for me in the past. They sell you the food, weigh you each week, pat you on the back when you do well, and look stern when you don't. It is a good program and the food is excellent.
Step two is to have incentives - the carrot and the stick approach. My stick is the family beach vacation coming up in July, during which time I will have to wear scanty clothes and be viewed by my darling, skinny, sisters-in-law. My carrot is to reward myself for every 1.5 pounds loss. It may seem like a low threshold, but it is a grinding task to lose 1.5 pounds steadily week after week. So I really need the carrots.
For my carrots I have visited Etsy and lined up many pieces of jewelry that I like very much. For every 1.5 pounds lost I get to buy a piece. This is a brilliant strategy since, every time I wear that jewelry, I will be reminded of my SUCCESS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment